NOTE, These strategies are NOT official from BFS. They are the strategies the players use.
In this game there are important things you should do for survival
1. Dont leave the stone path until you have backup
It is better to wait where the castle archers are, wait for backup (You have to call for your backup obviously) , and if the enemies are very close, attack them from range.
2. Before you call for archers (...etc.) wait until you can upgrade smithy.
If you don't wait till you can upgrade Smithy, it will be harder to get iron bars quickly and call units more quickly than if you have the first Smithy upgrade.
3. Upgrade Ash and the power you will use to the MAX
If you have Ash in his max level, it will be easier to kill deadities, and with the powers (Example, Arrows and Catapult Aley) you can use Ash, Arrows, Catapults, and the deadities in front of you wont be there anymore.
4. Upgrade Wall Archers and Catapults to the MAX
That brigs BIG advantages. Like this one:
The deaditie archers and speardeadities, have very low defense, and if you are in a raid, the archers and catapults will kill the Archers and sperardeadities, leaving you the not so effective units, but with high defense.
5. JUST at the begining go to where the pit is (If you don't have the pit, stay where you begin)At the begining, just few deadities come alone, and if you have the iron fist or the chainsaw, you can only attack them closely, and they wll fall into the pit. When more deadities arrive, take cover.